These are the chains that bind.
* The Purple Ring: It used to be clear, then I painted it purple, but do not let the color mistake it's true form, for when you turn the ring, it lights up red. A diamond; strong, firm, a weapon.
* The Spider-Man Face: A hero, my role model. Nuff said.
* Cap's Shield: Vibranium, one of the strongest metals in the Marvel universe. A weapon, a defense, a symbol.
* Mjolnir: Thor's hammer; immense power, another weapon and defense. Although not indestructible, it has a variety of powers; tracking, absorbing energy, and as a mystical object, only those worthy of its power will be able to wield it.
* Punisher Key/Bottle Opener: Given to me as a gift, made with the purpose of being a limited item. Purposeful, with a heavy metal vibe that carries on the character of Frank Castle.
* Spidey Voodoo Doll + Spidey Head + Venom: The idea of voodoo dolls have always creeped the hell outta me, but to have a Spidey one, well, it offers comfort more than anything. Especially when paired up with a Venom Funko Pop! doll by its side. A symbiotic relationship; a hero and archenemy, often pairing up in difficult circumstances.
* Xenomorph Doll: Alien. Who remembers that which bumped in the night? In space! Hahaha; those acid-spitting, tail-piercing, mouth-inside-mouth rattling bastards gave me nightmares when I was younger, but they are the ONLY acceptable alien I will allow in my life. The other X-Files googly-eyed creepers...no friggin' way. I much rather be dealing with a Xenomorph than ever have to deal with an abduction by those black-eyed bastards.
*Centro Cultural Metropolitano de Quito key-chain: Quito, my city of birth. I always try to carry a piece of my country, my culture, even if it is a small thing. A city that made me love rain, a city whose loud noises put me to sleep, a city whose beautiful architecture and culture I can never forget. Too many memories, not enough paper to write them down on.
* Batman Bottle Opener: it also has a Philips screwdriver and a Flathead on each end of the batwing. An important tool to use in certain cases, just as Batman uses it as an important gadget. Sturdy and reliable.
* Joker Key-chain: it is now missing it's lower half of its body, due to unforeseen circumstances, but with Batman paraphernalia there has to be a Joker one too. The antithesis to Batman's heroism.
* 9 MM Luger - One Bullet/Mini Punisher: I used to have a Punisher the size of the Xenomorph in this key-ring, but he fell off a while back. The small Punisher did not. I paired the single bullet with him because of the symbolism they share: One bullet was never enough for Frank Castle to avenge his family's death; and it never will be. But one bullet would be all that is needed to stop him from continuing his mission, after all, he is not indestructible. He is simply a hard man to kill.
* Deadpool Key-chain: an insane hero, who would have thought an idea to create a mockery of a DC character would actually work out to its benefit and become one of Marvel's most popular characters? Not looking at you Deathstroke... the pun is in there somewhere. The one thing I like the most about Deadpool is that despite him being absolutely crazy-town-banana-pants, is that he is fully aware he is a comic book character.
* Forever Spin key-chain: if you go to foreverspin.com you will see that this key-chain ties to the spinning tops I own. It was a complimentary gift, but to me, it is part of the balance of the Artifacts.
* Spidey Logo: I think this one does not need an explanation, except, that this was actually tied to the Spidey head, and now as it fell apart, I chose to add it to the Artifacts in my left pocket. It belongs as it almost could pass as a coin.
* Fancy Skeleton lighter: when I first laid eyes on it, I knew I had to buy it. The antlers remind me of Hannibal, and the top hat and fancy attire reminds me of that other side of me few understand. It also balances my Constantine lighter.
* Lucifer Morningstar coin: as seen on the TV show, this is the coin Lucifer has on his person at all times. His very own artifact.
*The Green Handkerchief: I cannot recall if I ever spoke about this one, but it is also part of the Artifacts, for I always carry it with me, even if I never really truly use it. The green is my favorite color, the groove and waves pattern is what attracted me to it before the color ever did, but they go hand in hand.
Some of these go together and are equally divided amongst the carabiners. Then they hang from my left and right hip.
And are part of who I am. And I am part of what they are.